“School’s out, school’s out, teacher let the monkeys out!”
Yeah, I know, Labor Day is in a few days and the vast majority of students either have gone back or are getting ready to go back. But, I just completed my last final for summer quarter and have three weeks before nursing school starts! (Yep, I got in a year early! Yea me!)
I way I see it, this is perfect. I spent the majority of the summer season in my air conditioned car, house, job, or classroom. Now I get three weeks to veg and prepare for fall while the weather is fabulous.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a list-maker; I always have a list either on paper or in my head. This is my list for the next three weeks.
1) If possible, work extra hours to pad my savings account.
2) Finish one of two books I have been working on. I’ve been reading
’s Confessions and The Hidden Manna by Fr. James T. O’Connor. Confessions is really interesting, but The Hidden Manna is on my Nook and that makes it more fun and more discreet to read. St. Augustine
3) Thoroughly wash my car, inside and out. I do a pretty good job of keeping my car clean, but I intend to scrub off every bug that met an untimely fate on my front bumper and wax it.
4) Catch up and get ahead on EMT CEU’s. In my state we have the option to renew our EMT certification by completing a certain number of continuing education credits in a three year period. My current certification won’t expire until April of 2014, but considering most of that time will be in nursing school, I’m planning on doing as many as I can whenever I can. Thankfully my county has access to a website with free (!!!) CEU’s.
5) Adjust the blog. Not a complete overhaul, but I want to change the layout and add a few pictures.
6) If possible, try to write articles for the blog ahead of time, so it isn’t neglected for 11 weeks at a time. I have a few ideas bouncing around; I just need to get them on the computer!
7) Buy books and read ahead for fall quarter. I’m not liking that idea right now, but I know in a week and a half or so I’ll be ready to dive in.
Have a fabulous Labor Day weekend! God Bless!