Friday, September 23, 2011

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

School started this week, so and I think I did pretty well on my break list:

1)      I didn’t get to work any extra hours.  The hours available were days I was either already working or had to be home as soon as work was over because I was on call with squad.
2)      I made some decent progress on The Hidden Manna.  I found the first hundred pages or so to be very tough reading, but once I figured out who were heretics and who were not, it became much easier.  I’ve often wondered what exactly the Protestant “reformers” were thinking when they left the Church; after reading parts in this book, I’ve concluded that they weren’t thinking!
3)      The car is clean!  Labor Day morning was spent washing, scrubbing (including hubcaps!), vacuuming, and waxing.  It shines like brand new!
4)      I was able to do 1.5 hours of CEUs on bath salts, as that’s all that was available.  I’ve never completely understood why people would want to ingest substances that caused them to lose control of themselves, so abusing substances is beyond me!
5)      As you can see, I adjusted the blog layout and added as patron saints of this blog Mother Thrice Admirable, Queen and Victress of Schoenstatt and St. Michael.  I’m still not sure if I like it or what I should change; it seems more crowded now, but I’m not sure what to do about it.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!
6)      I have a few blog pieces written ahead of time and a few more bouncing in my head.  It seems when I get a few out, a few more come in!
7)      The books are bought and, when stacked up, measure around 3 feet high!  Amazon and the college bookstore wanted my firstborn, but when I explained I didn’t have a firstborn, they were happy to take my debit and credit cards!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment